Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Spring has Sprung!

Finally, spring has finally arrived! Today it is almost 80 degrees outside! I just wish it was going to stay like this, but unfortunately tomorrow is supposed to be rainy and cooler then Thursday it's going to be back down in the high 40's/low 50's, which is normal for this time of year around here. Since it's so nice today, I've been thinking of my flowers.

My mom gave me a start to some of her black iris today. She bought them a few years ago and I've been begging for some to plant in my yard every year since then. Today she finally came through and dug up some for me. I wish they'd bloom this spring, but it will probably be next year before I get to see them. They're not really black. They're actually just a really deep, dark purple, but they look almost black at a glance.

I'm anxious for the flowers to start blooming and the leaves to start coming out on the trees now. See what a warm day does to me? I'll enjoy it while I can and once it cools off again then I'll try to wait patiently for another beautiful day like today to come along.

No comments: