Friday, March 16, 2007

I'm so glad today is Friday

This has been one heckuva day today. Between trying to do my regular business duties, my household chores and helping move all of our inventory from our rental building to our own building, it's been super busy.

Fridays are usually pretty quiet here. I don't know why, but people just don't tend to call on this day of the week, which is why I generally try to do any errand running that I need to do on Friday instead of any other day. Today, however, the phone rang off the hook. Every time I'd leave, there would be at least 5 messages waiting on me when I returned. I guess everybody just knew that I was super busy and wanted to add to my grief.

On top of all my regular stuff to do, we are in the process of moving all of our inventory from the storage building we have in town to our building out here. I had the guys (our two employees) run several trips back and forth, but I still had to be here to help tell them where to put everything. In between their trips, I was also trying to get laundry done. Needless to say, I'm STILL working on that.

And to top things off, my kids got out of school early today. I had NO IDEA that today was a short day. They didn't mention it to me and I didn't think to look at the calendar so imagine my surprise when they come walking down the lane. Do you think they've helped me out today though? No way. Granted, I didn't ASK them for help so they sure as heck weren't going to offer it. Silly of me to even let that thought run through my brain for even a second.

So, now I'm just waiting on 5pm to get here so that I can close up shop for the day. I'm ready for my Calgon moment!

No comments: