Friday, March 2, 2007

Internet Access

Many of you know that I recently switched to wireless Internet service. This just means that my Internet service is now provided by a local area network that uses high frequency radio waves rather then wires to communicate between nodes.

When I first started using the Internet, I had to deal with dial up service because it was the only option here in my area. It was super slow and I lost my connection at least once every time I logged on. When I learned that there were finally other options to choose from that would work in my little corner of the world, I decided to start researching which would give me the best High Speed Internet Access. One of the websites that I found some great information on was www.dsl.vc. This website talks about all the different types of Internet access available and explains a lot of the things that you need to know to make an informed decision on what service will work best for you.

As for now, wireless is about as good as I can do, but there is a local company who says they'll be starting up satellite service in our area this summer. I don't know if I'll switch over to that once it becomes available or not. I'd definitely want to do a bit more research on the subject first.

No comments: