Thursday, March 1, 2007

Nervous Breakdown

I thought I was going to have one last night. For my son's birthday, he received an IPOD and ever since he has been online each evening, downloading songs onto it. Well, last night something went wrong and he completely froze up his IPOD AND my computer. After rebooting, my computer didn't want to come back on. Not good since all of our business information is on this computer! I sat in here and messed around with it for about an hour. When it finally came back on, the screen was blank! No programs showing up at all! I could just feel my stomach knotting up because all I could think about was having to try and remember our over 2000 customers, their addresses, billing information and our inventory. Sure, I have the program backed up on disk, but my head wasn't thinking about that at the time. I was just peeved that my computer was on the fritz. Thankfully, after several tears, screams and frustrated yells, my computer finally came back to life, all programs exactly where they should be. My son, who has sworn to never touch this computer again, was very thankful that he hadn't made his mom have a nervous breakdown too. We still don't know what happened, but do know that from now on the music downloads will be done from my laptop instead of this computer. That way if something goes wrong, I've not lost vital info. Whew!

No comments: