Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Day 5...still going strong!

I am feeling pretty proud of myself. This is day five of following NS and I feel like I'm doing fantastically (now that the weekend is over. lol) Anyway, today is actually the first day that I've been stuffed! After eating my lunch today, I haven't thought about food one time, which is very unusual for me because the afternoon slump is when I tend to eat the most junk. Next week, I'm going to start in on the exercise. I'd planned on starting this week but came up with all kinds of excuses not too. Seriously though, I am super busy this week and although that's not a good excuse, it's what I'm going with. Next week, the billing period will be over and I wont' have any deadlines hanging over my head so that'll be the perfect time to get started.

My NS menu for today:

Breakfast-
NS scrambled eggs
1 veggie sausage patty (dairy or protein)
1 cup of strawberries (fruit)
1 slice toast (carb)

Snack-
17 slices (this is the serving size!) of turkey pepperoni (dairy or protein)

Lunch-
NS homestyle cheesy mashed potatoes w/ broccoli
1 thai style veggie burger (dairy or protein)
salad w/ tomato, fat free cheese, mushrooms, cucumbers and fat free dressing
1 cup strawberries (fruit)

Snack-
1/2 cup grapefruit juice (fruit)

Dinner- (haven't ate yet, but do have planned)
NS Wedged potatoes w/ sliced beef steak
squash (veggie)
salad w/ tomato, fat free cheese, mushrooms, cucumbers and fat free dressing
sprinkle of sunflower seeds (fat)
5 melba crackers (carb)

Dessert-
NS chocolate covered caramel corn (haven't tried this yet, but it looks delish!)

No comments: