Friday, February 2, 2007

Surprise in the Mail today

Way back at the beginning of November, I placed an order with a certain company for several Christmas gifts for my kids. It took forever to get the majority of those items, but they did finally arrive two days before Christmas. All but one item that is. There was a certain book that I had wanted to give my daughter about interpreting your dreams. She's always thought it would be neat to figure out what some of her goofy dreams meant and when I saw this book I thought it would make a great gift. Apparantly, so did several other people in the country. It was backordered forever and the company did tell me a couple of weeks beforehand that it probably wouldn't be available until after Christmas. Not a problem, I guess, because I could always give it to her later on. Well, the company kept sending me emails saying it would be available on January 2nd, then January 10th, then January 15th, then January 26th. I finally just figured that I would never see the dang thing, but lo and behold, it showed up in my mailbox today! I've flipped through it and it does look pretty interesting. I'll look through it more this evening when I have more time. I'm glad that it finally came. It was a nice surprise for me today.

No comments: