Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The Storm is Over

We made it through the night. I'm so glad that this winter storm is over. Last night, the winds started whipping around so bad that we had white out conditions! I heard at one point there was a wind gust of 48 mph! Wow! I was worried about losing our power, but thankfully it held up. The lights flickered a few times, but never went out. This morning, the sun is out full blast and making all of this ice and snow look beautiful, but it is really cold. Temps are supposed to be close to ZERO and the wind chill is going to be below that. I heard possibly 15 below at some times. Hubby is out working today. I don't envy him at all. I'd much rather be here, in my warm, safe house. Kids are out of school again today, but we all figure they'll be back in session tomorrow. I have had my fill of winter weather now so come on spring! Get here fast!

No comments: