Friday, May 11, 2007

Sorry I've been MIA this week

I know, some of you are wondering what the heck happened to me this past week. I'm sorry. It's just been so busy around here with billing, the city wide cleanup, we lost an employee on Monday that left us shorthanded and the end of year school functions that have started already. It's just been a lot of stuff and unfortunately my blog suffers the consequences of it all.

Anyway, an update on the diet front. I didn't even weigh myself this morning. I think I'm going to ignore the scale for awhile and just go by how I feel for a change. I'm going to the gym faithfully and I do feel a difference in my stamina and energy so I know it is helping. Who cares what the number on the scale reads as long as I'm feeling healthier each day?

I'm also cancelling my nutrisystem order. I don't even know why I ordered it again. I was sick of the food when I went off of it last time so I don't know why the food would be any better this time around. I think I just wanted something to show that I really was trying to do better. Oh well, it'll save me $300 a month by just eating my own food. I've looked over the NS message boards and there are several people who do use their own foods but still follow the NS program. I'm going to try to be one of those people for awhile.

Curves is still going well. I can tell it is working as I can get through the entire circuit now before I'm wiped out. I am also noticing a change in my day to day energy. And I can tell when I've not gone to the gym for a couple of days. I'm more tired and listless. At least I know this is one investment where my money is actually doing some good.

So, what else has been going on here? Like I said earlier, this is the week that I have to do the billing for all of our customers. I really wish I had a program that would create these bills for me each month, but the one I use now doesn't. Well, it would if there weren't any changes between customers, if they all got billed the same each month, but they don't so I have to manually enter them. Each and every one of them and that takes A LOT of time. We also lost an employee on Monday. He wasn't working out and we knew that he probably was going to quit eventually, but we were hoping that he'd wait until after our busiest week of the month to do so. No such luck, but I can't blame him for getting out beforehand. This has just been a really busy week. And my son and daughter have started in with their end of year school activities. I've only had one of those to deal with this week, but it was enough to put a kink in my schedule for the day. Oh well, at least it is now Friday and hopefully I can rest and relax this weekend.

No comments: