Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Time

2006 really flew by and now it is actually 3 days into 2007. Why does time seem to go so fast anymore? I know I wasn't able to accomplish all that I wanted last year because I just didn't seem to have the time. I am hoping that this year goes a bit slower, but I know it won't. The older I get, the faster the years go. When I was younger, I couldn't wait for the school year to be over so summer vacation would be here or until I was 16 and got my driver's license or better yet, 18 and able to graduate, but now all I want is to slow down, relax and enjoy the time that I have. My main resolution this year isn't the standard lose weight and get healthy one. That is still on my agenda, but my main resolution is to slow down and actually enjoy life. Stop and smell the roses or iris or even dandelions, look at all the beautiful scenery when I'm riding in the car instead of focusing on how soon we'll be at our destination. If I don't accomplish all the chores and errands on my to do list, oh well. Those things will still be there tomorrow, but this day will only be here once. When it is over, that is it. I don't get the chance to live it again so I'm going to enjoy it while it is here.

No comments: