Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Driver's License


My daughter will be getting her driver's license in just a few months. It's all she ever talks about anymore. Every time we go somewhere, she wants to drive. Most times I let her, but there are days when I just want to get there and I don't. Those are the days that she thinks I'm evil. Yesterday was one of them. She wanted to drive into school. I said "not today" and she went ballistic. I know she needs the practice, but come on. Don't bite the hand that holds those car keys, girl, or you won't be driving at all.

In my state, kids have to have at least 50 hours of driving time BEFORE they are allowed to get their license. My daughter only has 15 hours in, but one of her friends has almost 25 and that's just not fair. Never mind the fact that her friend has had her permit for two months LONGER then my daughter. I get hit by these questions anyway. Why can't she drive more? Don't we want her to get better at driving? Why are we so mean? Hello? Is she paying for the gas? We let her drive as much as possible, but we're not going to be driving around for no reason, it's just too expensive. I'm sure she'll figure that out once she does have to pay for the gas herself, but now it just means we are evil parents who aren't cool.

No comments: