Saturday, December 9, 2006

Holiday Shopping

Why does it seem that people lose all sense of respect and courtesy around the holidays when it comes to shopping? We went to the mall today to get some of our Christmas shopping done and there were so many rude and obnoxious people out there that I finally just said the heck with it and left. I was only able to purchase one gift and that was only after much patience to even get to the product on the shelf. There was this one woman who, even after I asked her nicely twice to move out of the way, just rolled her eyes at me and continued looking at what she wanted to see. I finally just had to reach around her. She didn't care for that either, but I'd already been nice about it and that wasn't getting me anywhere. I knew there was a reason that I did the majority of my Christmas shopping online. So that I don't have to deal with people. Does that make me anti-social or a Scrooge regarding the holidays? I don't think so. I think it just makes me a person who would like to see some holiday spirit get into these people for a change.

No comments: