Friday, December 7, 2007

Let It Snow...NO, NO, NO!

We got our first measurable snowfall last night, about 2.5 inches. I was not pleased to see it this morning when I got out of bed either. My son was all excited about it, but not me. Thankfully, it is starting to melt. The roads were pretty crappy this morning on the way into town, but now the road crews have scraped and salted and they are pretty much clear.

I was worried about driving in it today too. You see, for the past 10 years I have had a FRONT wheel drive car. My last car was like a little bulldozer moving through snow. Nothing could stop me. I had no fear of sliding off into ditches or getting stuck in drifts. My little car would power on through no matter what situations I put it in. This winter though, my front wheel car went to my daughter. She just got her driver's license in June and we (her dad and I) wanted her to have a safe, reliable car. SO, that meant giving her mine. Granted, I got a new one in the process (Dodge Charger) and, don't get me wrong, I LOVE it. But, my Charger is a REAR wheel drive car and for those of you who drive rear wheel drive cars, you'll know what I'm talking about when I say it sucks in snow! This morning I was spinning every time I tried to take off and sliding each time I tried to stop. I'd turn a corner and no matter how slowly I'd push on the gas, the rear of my car would slide. Needless to say, I was pretty tense by the time I got back home.

Anyway, I'm glad that the snow is melting off the roads. I can handle snow if the roads are clear. I enjoy looking at it, it's very pretty, and I even like to go out and build snowmen, having snowball fights and ride the 4-wheeler while pulling the tobaggon, but having to drive in it, well, let's just say that if it didn't snow anymore this winter I would be a happy camper.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh - snow. That is one good thing about living in the desert!

Lisa said...

True. There are times I wish I didn't live here in the midwest, but I wouldn't want to be too far away from my family. So, I guess I'll just have to suck it up and deal:)