Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Bah Humbug!

I have NEVER had a problem ordering stuff online. That is until now. Found out today that one of the websites that I ordered a gift for hubby from has been known to charge your credit card or whatever and then NEVER send your merchandise. Great. I feel like an idiot, but they really fooled me. They had the little lock in the bottom corner of the order page, it was an https website, etc. After checking my order status though, I'm thinking that it is a scam. And after checking my charge card, well, the order came to $88.18, but the total taken off my card was $97.54. Hmm, doesn't sound right, does it? So, I called their 800#. This is what I heard: "Hi, you've reached our customer service center. Our customer service hours are from 8am-10pm Mon-Fri. Please hold for the next available customer service representative" I hold for a couple of minutes when this chipper little voice comes back on the line and says, "We're sorry, there's nobody here right now. Please leave a message and we'll call you back." Ok, I have never gotten through to any customer service that wants you to leave a message. Stay on hold for hours on end, yes, but leave a message and they'll call you back? No, can't say that I've ever done that before. I didn't leave a message. I hung up. I did call back though. Four more times, to be exact and got the same message each time. Wonderful customer service...NOT! I did call the credit card company and they said that I can get my money back, but I'll have to go through their fraud section and it might take awhile to do, but at least I'll get my cash back. I know it could have been worse, but it is still frustrating. I had to make a mad dash to find the dvd's that I'd ordered from this place and now hope, hope, hope that they get here in time for Christmas. Some people are just real jerks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That just sucks that people do that!

Lisa said...

I'm working on getting my money back through the bank, but they said it might take awhile to do.