Thursday, December 20, 2007

Santa Claus is Coming to Town


Only FIVE more days until Christmas! It is getting down to crunch time here and I'm STILL waiting on a gift to arrive in the mail. I have 4 mail days left and am really hoping that this gift gets here on one of them. That is the only problem I have with doing my shopping online. You can just never know for sure when items will arrive.


Today is the last day of school for my kids too and then they will be here...with me...in the house...for 13 whole days. I don't know if I'm looking forward to that or not. For the most part, they are good kids, but when you get them cooped up together for that long, well, let's just say that their behavior tends to get just a teensy bit worse.


Tomorrow I'm baking my cookies and fudge. I'm hoping to get them all made up in one day, wrapped and passed out to everyone on Saturday. We'll see if it happens. I also have a bunch of other things that I need to do tomorrow (pick up my daughters contacts, get groceries, color my hair, do laundry, etc.) so it might be a big rush to get it all finished up.


We'll be having Christmas Eve at my brother inlaw's so I also need to get things ready for that, but at least that can wait until the weekend. I'm taking some of the cookies and fudge over and also making up a cheese ball with crackers. Truthfully, there will be plenty of food. It's the alcohol that I'm worried will run low. You'd have to know my inlaws to understand, but let me just say that the alcohol makes the evening more bearable.



No comments: