Monday, December 24, 2007

Happy Christmas Eve

Happy Christmas Eve everybody! I hope your day has started out well. I am happy to say that I FINALLY received that darn dvd in the mail so the entire set is now wrapped and under the tree, ready to be opened up by a hopefully very appreciative hubby. After all the stress I went through getting the things, he'd better be VERY appreciative.

We got all of our cookie and fudge gifts passed out Saturday morning. All the neighbors were happy to receive our gift and most said they wished they'd known we were bringing them so they could have had something to give in return. Well, that is NOT why I do this. I don't want gifts in return. I just want to show my friends and neighbors how much I appreciate them and let them know that I'm thinking of them during this holiday season. Isn't that what Christmas is all about anyway?

Speaking of friends and family, I have been thinking a lot these past few days of those that I have lost this past year. Most recently, my grandma. It's going to be so hard this Christmas morning, not having her there at my parents house with us. I know she'll be looking down at us from heaven and will always be with us in spirit, but it still doesn't make the holiday any easier.

We'll be heading out to my hubby's brother's tonight for Christmas Eve with his side of the family. We're hoping that everyone makes it. The weather is decent so there really shouldn't be any problems with everyone being there this year. Tomorrow morning we'll open gifts here and then head up to my parents for lunch and gifts with them and my brother's family.

I know I won't be posting tonight or tomorrow so I just want to wish everybody a very Merry Christmas! Enjoy the day and enjoy the time spent with your family and loved ones.

!!Merry Christmas!!

No comments: