Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Ho-Hum

Hi all, sorry I've not posted lately. After all the excitement and stress of the past month, it's actually been pretty boring here lately. I'm glad though. I really needed the break.

Since things have calmed down here, I've been able to lead a more normal life. I finally made it outside yesterday and got the yard mowed. It took 3 hours(!!!) to do it, but at least it is now done. I couldn't believe how tall the grass was in some areas. Nothing else grows in our yard, but boy, the grass and weeds sure do! It felt great to be outside yesterday and I didn't want to come back in even after I finished the outdoor work so I cleaned out my car. Just being in the fresh air gave me so much energy. I can tell it today though. I could hardly get out of bed this morning because of the sore muscles. Ouch.


I got a nice Administrative Assistant Day gift from the lady that I help out once a week. She is a Mary Kay seller so any gifts she gives me are Mary Kay products. Normally it is a body wash and lotion, but this time she gave me the mint bliss foot and leg lotion and also a fabulous coral nail polish for my toesies. I can't wait to use the stuff, but will have to hide it from my daughter otherwise she'll end up using it all.

Speaking of the kids, they are home from school now so I need to log off here and spend time with them. I'm told that is what a good parent does. LOL

2 comments:

Karon said...

Wow, think of all the calories you burned! Cool on the gift. Enjoy the pampering.

Lisa said...

Jen~We actually have over 5 acres of land, but only mow about half of that. I love having the huge yard until it comes time to mow, but even then it gives me time to get outside and enjoy the sunshine. Plus, I do some pretty mean singing while on the mower. thankfully nobody can hear me though:)

Karon~I didn't even think of how many calories I burnt. Thanks for reminding me:)