Monday, October 3, 2005

Monday weigh in

Hopped on the scale this morning and was pleased to see that I lost 3 lbs. since rededicating myself to the program. Now I'm back to where I was a few weeks ago. 34 lbs. total lost. Onward and downward!

I would like to lose 6 lbs. by Halloween. That would put me at a total of 40 lbs. lost. I think that is doable if I really kick my butt in gear. I am going to start setting mini goals for myself and see how that works. A friend of mine does that and she has great results because she is working towards something. Plus it breaks up the big picture. That big number that is my goal is just too overwhelming to think about sometimes. Breaking it down into 5 lb. increments shouldn't be as bad. At least that's what I'm hoping.

I noticed yesterday that a few of my clothes are really starting to just hang on me. I even put on some jeans over the weekend and the butt of them was practically dragging the ground from being so loose. I'm excited:) I can't wait to go clothes shopping and get all new stuff, but I want to wait on that for awhile. I know I obviously can't wait until I get to my goal, but I don't want to spend a lot on new clothes just to shrink out of them so will just wait. I do have some smaller sizes in my closet to help out, but a lot of them are way out of style. I might be getting thinner, but no way am I going to be caught in stirrup pants again!

1 comment:

Karon said...

Congratulations on that three pounds blasted away, Lisa! Way to go, sweetie. Glad to hear that the dedication is paying off on the scale. Keep it up. You will reach your goal of six by Halloween making a total of 40 at the end of the month! You can do this!