Tuesday, October 25, 2005

I found the culprit!


I finally figured out the culprit in my weight loss woes. It's our business and the stress and change of plans that comes from it! The sneaky thing. Yesterday I was doing so well following the NS plan. I'd stuck to the menu like glue for breakfast, lunch and mid-afternoon snack, drank all of my water and had even decided what I was going to fix for my dinner. That all went out the window though when hubby came home and said we were going to go look at a truck that he'd found for sale. He promised we'd only be gone 2 hours tops and that fit into my time frame of eating so I figured I'd be fine. WRONG! We didn't get home until after 9:30pm. On the way home, hubby stopped at Casey's and picked up a pizza. Smelling that in the car all the way home was my downfall. I ended up dipping into the box well before we reached the driveway. Ate three pieces of the stuff! I was so mad at myself and mad at hubby for picking it up in the first place. Not much I can do about it now, but will definitely be taking more precautions from now on for events like that. Even if I think I'll be home in plenty of time to eat my regular meal, I will be taking some NS friendly food along with me on the trip so those pizza smells or whatever other fast food comes along don't trick me into eating them. So, now that I've found the culprit, let's hope that I can steer clear of it. I'm going to do my darndest anyway to at least be better prepared. OH, and we did end up buying the truck. So at least we won't be going on any more long distance drives for awhile:)

1 comment:

Karon said...

Darn life intervenes at the most inopportune times sometimes! You can do it, Lisa. Just stick to your guns and as you said, you'll plan better if there's a next time. Even if you bring along one of the lunch bars (just eat a dinner for lunch the next day to even things back out) and have a salad out.

At least you know the pitfalls. Now you just have to avoid them. I know you can do it!