Friday, September 2, 2005

Gasoline and Hurricane Katrina thoughts

I just can't believe how expensive the gasoline has gotten since Hurricane Katrina hit. In my hometown, the price ranges anywhere from $3.12/gal to $3.30/gal. And that's if the station even still has any gas to buy. I know of three stations that have already run out and have no idea when they'll be getting more. Scary. My husband drives a lot in his business and if the prices keep going up, we don't know what's going to happen. If he can't purchase diesel anywhere close, it could really lead to major business problems. I guess we'll just keep plugging away, doing what needs to be done though. Hopefully things will get better soon.

I've also been watching the news about the people in the Gulf states and wishing that I could do something to help. I've already made a donation to the Red Cross and I also received an email from my son's teacher today saying that the kids were going to be gathering water and nonperishable food supplies to send down there. I just wish I could do more.

No comments: