Monday, September 26, 2005

Just not in the mood

No, it's not what you're thinking. I'm not talking whoopee here. I'm talking diet. Nutrisystem. Exercise. I just am NOT in the mood to behave. I've skipped breakfast lately. I've not drank my water. I've gone out to eat and NOT picked the healthier stuff instead I've ate junk. It's been like this for at least a week now. I think a lot of it is because I'm almost out of NS food. I'm tired of the stuff that I have and it's just harder to stick with it when I know what's in the cabinet is NOT what I'm wanting. I do have a new order shipping out today so hopefully once that gets here, I will have an easier time.

As far as exercise, I have jumped on the trampoline, but not to the point of breaking a sweat. I did go for a walk over the weekend and that felt good, but again it wasn't strenuous. But I guess it's better then nothing.

No loss for the week either, but that's no surprise. How do I expect to lose anything when I'm cramming cookies down my throat? At least it wasn't a gain, but that's no excuse either. I'm trying to think positive, but sometimes it is just so hard.

I need to get out of the mindset that I have to hit McDonald's every morning after I drop the kids off at school too. I've been doing that a lot here lately. Usually it's just to grab a diet coke, but the past couple of times I've also gotten the steak, egg and cheese bagel. NOT GOOD! Well, the bagel tastes good, but the amount of fat and calories in it isn't good.

How do I stop doing these things? To help with the McD's situation, I guess it would help to not keep any money in my purse. Having to hit the ATM before going there would be a big deterrent for me. I could take a bottle of water with me in the car like I used to do when I first started NS. That would help too, I'm sure.

I guess what I need to do is just recommit to this whole thing. Look back over what I've done in the past to get to where I am now. What did I do when I first started NS? Was it just pure willpower? Or did I weigh and measure all of my food? Keep NS snacks handy for those times in the car when McD's would call my name? I need to rethink the reasons why I want to lose weight and get healthy too. The major reason is to live to a ripe old age and enjoy my husband, kids and future grandkids. To look good in my clothes. To be able to walk through the mall without breaking a sweat or getting cramps in my legs after only a few minutes. Just to be able to do all of the things that I can't do now.

Ok, so all of this talk IS helping. I feel better and hopefully will get back on track now. It won't be easy, but knowing that other people are reading this and cheering me on helps a ton. I don't want to let anybody down especially myself. I'm just as important as anybody else in this world. I should be able to do the things that will make me happy too. I can do it! I WILL do it!

1 comment:

Karon said...

You can do this Lisa! I think after a while we just get tired of always having to think about food. I know I've been at this for eight months now ... the longest I've ever stuck to a program ... but lately with my losses so sporadic it's hard to stay focused. I even got mad at my hubby yesterday when he wouldn't let me buy a birthday cake just because I wanted cake!

Do you have a list of why you wanted to lose weight? If you do, go back and take a look at it. Have you accomplished any of the goals that are on that list? Do you have more to add to it? I think you're on the right track as far as getting back to how you made NS work in the beginning.

Again I say to you, you can do this! Hang in there and take it one meal, one day at a time. Stop the McDonald's. Do you know there is something in their food that actually makes us crave it and that is why we keep going back? I read that somewhere.

Go home, take a whole wheat bagel or an english muffin and toast it. Spray or spread a little I Can't Believe It's Not Butter on it. Cook up a Morningstar vegetable sausage patty and put it on the bagel or muffin and top with a slice of 2% fat cheese. Much more healthy but still tastes pretty darn good. And if you want the grilled onions like on that steak bagel, cook up a few in some ICBINB or cooking spray and toss them on too. Either eat the whole bagel/muffin or eat it as an open sandwich. There are lots of ways to make this work without using NS food. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help. On my blog, you can find an email me link. I'd be happy to help any way I can.

I know you can do this, if it's what you really want!