Monday, September 19, 2005

Blowing raspberries at my scale

ARGH! This is my very first official weigh-in since starting NS in April that I am showing a weight gain! I've had gains throughout the week, but none on my "official" day. Up two pounds this week. I knew it would happen eventually, but things were going so well that I was hoping to be immune to those little weight fluctuations. I know that most of it is water gain because TOM is coming to visit soon, but still. It is very frustrating to see the scale go up instead of down especially when you are working so hard. Oh well. Next week will be better.

My calves are finally feeling better. I hopped on the trampoline again this morning, but only did a little bit of the video instead of pushing myself to do the whole thing. I stopped when my legs couldn't handle it anymore. As painful as those calves were over the weekend, I really don't want to go through that again. I hope to build up to the whole time within a week or two. It's only a 20 minute session so it really shouldn't take too long to get there.

1 comment:

Karon said...

Congratulations on sticking with it, Lisa! It's great that you got back on and listened to your body to stop when the aches started. Yes, some pain is a good thing because it means muscles are being used but we don't want to overdo it.

As for the weight gain, try not to let it bother you. Muscles need water to repair themselves so the water retention could be due to the exercise on the trampoline as well as TOM. Drink extra water to flush it out and just keep on going. You're doing great!