Wednesday, August 10, 2005

I'm not an emotional eater.....yeah right.

I never thought I was much of an emotional eater, but boy did I find out differently a couple of days ago.

It had been one of those days when, no matter what I did, things just wouldn't go right. I was doing fine until about 3pm and then all hell broke loose with my eating. I had eaten 100% on program for breakfast and lunch, but when it came time for my snack, I guess those inner demons decided they wanted more then some cheese and fruit. I demolished the remainder of a bag of chips, two Reese's cups, a poptart, some cereal AND an ice cream sandwich all in a matter of minutes. When I finally pulled myself out of the kitchen, I felt like I was going to explode.

WHY? Just because I was having a bad day? What good came out of eating all that junk? I sure as hell didn't feel better. If anything I felt worse. What goes on inside my head that makes me think food is the answer to my problems? Someone please tell me.

No comments: