Tuesday, August 2, 2005

The Beginning

Let me introduce myself. My name is Lisa. I'm a 37 year old homemaker, happily married and the mother of two children, ages 14 (daughter) and 10 (son). My hubby and I started our own business a few years back so I help him out with the bookkeeping and phone call part of it during the day too. I've been heavy the majority of my adult life. I was a pretty thin kid, but once puberty set in I noticed the pounds creeping up. I had a hard time keeping the weight down in high school (170 by graduation), but after I got married and had my kids, I noticed the pounds really starting to add on. When I finally topped out at 285 lbs., I told myself that I had better do something about the weight.

I have been following the Nutrisystem diet since April 18th and have lost 27 lbs. I wanted to have a blog to help me keep track of the journey. Hopefully by this time next year I will have met my goal. I have to lose about 130 more pounds to get to what some say is the perfect weight for my height, but we'll see if I can actually go that far. I've never weighed 125, well, maybe back when I was 12 years old!, but that is the weight that is recommended for my height...5'4"....So I'll try to get there.

As of this moment, the journey hasn't really been that bad. Sure, the first week was horrible because I was hungry all the time, but now that my body has adjusted to the diet I actually have days where I feel that I can't possibly eat another bite. I still have problems going out to restaurants though and am trying really hard to get better with my choices at those places. I do notice that if whomever I'm with orders healthy that I will too, but if they order junk I'm right there with them chowing down.

I've not started exercising yet. I will probably start walking within the next few weeks, once my kids are back in school. That way I can go whenever I feel like it, walk as far as I can and not have kids asking me every two seconds to stop and look at whatever interesting sight they've found along the way. I have a couple of aerobics tapes that I'll try to do too, but those will definitely only be done when I'm here by myself. Don't' want an audience seeing my big ol' body hopping around the living room. That's for sure.

So, that's what this blog is going to be about. My weight loss journey. My metamorphosis. I know there is a thin person inside just waiting to get out and greet the world.

1 comment:

Karon said...

Hi, Lisa! I followed a link for Sophia at the NS BB and here I am. Hope you don't mind. Just wanted to say You can do this! I'm norakeno on the NS boards.