Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Why Do Bad Things Happen?

I had this whole post ready about how sucky my day has been. My son is home sick for the second day in a row and a part that we've been waiting on to arrive is still sitting on the loading dock at Fed Ex. And then my mom called and, well, my day doesn't seem quite so bad now.

She called to let me know that my cousin's daughter and her family had a fire at their home on Saturday. And that two of her small children (age 4 and almost 2) died because of it. Suddenly, my day seems pretty insignificant in comparison.

Unfortunately, I didn't know my two little cousins (I think they'd be considered my third cousins) very well, but I did get the pleasure of meeting them at my grandma's funeral this past August. They were both really cute and funny and just beautiful girls. I remember telling their mom that the baby had the most striking blue eyes and that just made her so proud and she smiled and said that both girls were her two pride and joy.

So, it is with a very sad and heavy heart that I am writing this post. Please keep my cousin and her family in your prayers. They are all going to have a very long and sad road to recovery.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is so sad. They will be in my prayers.