Wednesday, January 30, 2008

In Sickness and in Health

Seems to be more sickness going around here lately then health. Sorry it's been a while since my last post. Between a head cold, back problems and now, the stomach flu it's just not been the best time to be online.

Problems started two weeks ago when my son came down with a terrible head cold. It eventually worked it's way down into his chest and took him forever to shake it. We kept hoping that it wouldn't turn into bronchitis or pneumonia and thankfully it didn't, but he sure felt rough there for awhile.

Last weekend, it was my turn to be on the down side. Somehow, someway, I messed up my back. I don't know if it was/is sciatica or the spondylolisthesis acting up again. Whatever it is, I am sick of it! I just want to be able to walk, sit, sleep, etc. pain free for a change.

And now today, my poor son is sick again with the stomach flu. He came home from school yesterday saying that his stomach was bothering him and he was in the bathroom for most of the evening. He then woke up this morning twice and was sick to his stomach. When I called him in sick to school, the secretary said that the flu was going around and that there were over 25 kids absent yesterday. My son made the 10th one today that had called in and she figured it would end up being about the same before all was said and done.

I hope that the sickness ends soon. This has been a pretty crummy winter for my son and illness. Thankfully (knock on wood) nobody else in the family has been too sick. Let's hope it stays that way.

No comments: