Thursday, December 1, 2005

Not the day I'd planned on having

Things sort of got messed up today. I'd planned on going Christmas shopping and getting a big chunk of that done, but instead of doing that I've been home with my son. He twisted his ankle last night pretty badly and couldn't walk on it this morning when he got out of bed. So, kept him home instead of sending him to school. I normally would have thought he was faking it, but he was crying last night because it hurt so bad. My son does NOT cry so you know he had to be hurting. He is doing better now after the ice packs and tylenol. He's kept it elevated for most of the day and is just now trying to walk around on it. He says it still hurts, but nothing like it did last night so I'm hoping he'll be good to go tomorrow. It's not swollen or bruised and he can rotate it without pain. It just hurts when he stands. I feel for him because I know how it feels. I broke my ankle a few years ago and it was almost unbearable at times. A sprain can feel just as bad.

It snowed here this morning too. First big snow of the season. We've had flurries a few times, but nothing has stuck to the ground. It stuck this morning, but I'd say we only got maybe one inch. It's pretty much melted away now, but there are still a few areas that are covered. Our deck still has a good layer of the white stuff on it. I don't like snow, but have to admit that it did make things look really pretty outdoors this morning.

So, I didn't get to do any shopping and I've been stuck in the house all day. I did accomplish something though. I pulled out the box of Christmas cards and actually got all of them addressed and ready to send out. I do have to get stamps, but should be able to do that tomorrow. I'm proud of myself. Usually Christmas cards are the last thing on my list to do. If I don't do them first thing after Thanksgiving then they sit in the box until most every thing else is finished.

I'm hoping that weigh-in goes well tomorrow too. I didn't weigh last week because of Thanksgiving and I'm anxious to see what the scale says now. I'm hoping and praying that it has gone down and not up. I've only had Turkey day that I've not been on program so it really should show me something good, but only time will tell. You'll have to wait until tomorrow to see what happens. Wish me luck!

No comments: