Thursday, November 3, 2005

Some days better then others

Got news last night that my best friend is coming home for a visit! I'm so excited to see her again. She's bringing her kids too, who I just adore, so hoping that we're able to get together.

Her visit will hopefully be the good ending to a not so good week. This has been one of those weeks where I just want to crawl back under the covers and go to sleep. Work has been the main stress. If I weren't self-employed, I would have quit a long time ago. Being self-employed has it's good points, but right now I'm just seeing the bad....long hours, no free time, employees and their problems, etc. Hubby and I haven't been the nicest to each other lately either. He yells at me for something I didn't do and I yell at him for yelling at me. It's so frustrating at times. I can tell it is getting to me too because my neck and shoulders have been giving me problems for over a week now. The knots are telling me that I should really chill out, but how do you do that when you can't get away from what is causing you the stress in the first place?

Long hot bubble baths have become my salvation. If I can just make it to the end of the day then I know I'll have the tub waiting for me. Thankfully my kids are no longer small enough to think that they have to peek under the door to see what mom is doing. I can actually close the door and get away from the world for a half hour or so. Unfortunately, it doesn't make the problems causing the stress to go away. If only they would go down the drain with the bath water. Then I think all would be well.

At least my diet (sorry, lifestyle change) is going well. I only had one day this week that I ate off plan and that was when hubby brought home pizza. that seems to be my downfall. Every other day though I've stuck to the plan like glue. Hopefully that will show a loss this week and I'll finally get below the dreaded 250 mark. I hope so. I'm really looking forward to writing a different number down in my journal. Wish me luck. I'm off to deal with more stress inducing problems. Everyone have a great day! I am going to try to have one too.

No comments: