Saturday, November 5, 2005

Doing the happy dance!

FINALLY! FINALLY! FINALLY! I forgot to hop on the scale yesterday so did it this morning and I FINALLY lost 1.5 lbs! I'm so happy that the scale has finally moved past that dreaded 250 mark. I hope this is the way things are going to be again, with the scale going down instead of up or hovering. I'll tell you that I was really getting disgusted with eating healthy when it wasn't working.

Yesterday was a good one too. My best friend came home to visit. She lives in Iowa now. She doesn't get to come home to visit often, but when she does I will drop whatever I'm doing to see her. She brought her three kids with her, all sweeties. She called me yesterday to see if I was free to come visit. I sure was. As a matter of fact, I'd been pacing the floor waiting for her phone call to come. I really needed the break. After all that has been going on this past week, the visit with her felt so good. We just sat around and talked and played with the kids. I absolutely adore her children. B is such a smart little kid and comes up with some really cute sayings. He's just too cute. M is also a smartie and has so much energy. I'd love to tap into it for myself. His devilish smile will win you over in a heartbeat. And S. The baby of the family. Adorable, chubby little cheeks, the sweetest smile. She fell asleep in my arms and, even though she did get a bit heavy, I wouldn't have traded that moment for anything. Made me wish my kids were still small. Anyway, we chatted the whole afternoon away. I finally left her house at about 5pm. I didn't want to, but figured I'd better get home to my own kids.

Today I'm doing the wonderful weekend chores. Blah. They have to be done though otherwise we'd have no clean clothes and the floors would be full of filth. I'd best get to it now. Everyone have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Karon said...

Congratulations on getting that scale to move again, Lisa! I know how much it had you bummed and I'm thrilled it's moving downward again.

Sounds like you had a wonderful visit with your friend. I love getting together with my best friend from college. She and I can pick up a conversation like we were just together yesterday though months have generally passed.

And yeah ... how great it would be if the kids would stay little for longer. My youngest will be 18 next month and I'm already feeling sad that she's all grown up!

Have a super weekend, sweetie.