Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Happy Day before Thanksgiving

I'm trying to get a few things ready for our dinner tomorrow. I'm baking the pies today (pumpkin and peach) and the house is smelling so good. I have my meal all planned and am hoping not to overdo it (too much) If Nutrisystem has taught me anything, it is portion control. Let's see if I can actually follow that advice tomorrow.

It's been pretty busy here the past week too:

Business-wise: Our competition raised their prices so we've been getting tons of calls for new customers. That alone has kept me hopping. The phone rings almost constantly. I like it though. It shows that our business is growing. We did have a problem with an employee though and had to let him go. It was an ongoing problem which we should have taken care of ages ago, but didn't. Our fault, but now things should be better. It's amazing how just one person can bring on so many problems.

Family-wise: My son was sick with a cold the end of last week and over the weekend. He is NOT a good patient. Very whiney and demanding. Hmm, kind of like his dad. It must be a guy thing.

Diet-wise: I've not been following NS too well. I do good for breakfast and lunch, but come dinner I just can't stomach the food. I have been drinking my water though so maybe that will help.

Exercise-wise: What's that? I've not had time to do anything the past two weeks. Maybe I'll get back on track with that soon, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Exercise is just something that I do not like to do.

So, anyway, I should really get going on the things on my Turkey Day list. The cleaning won't get done magically. And the baking won't do itself. I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy the food, your family and friends, and the football games (if you like them) and just have a great day.

1 comment:

Karon said...

You have a plan so just do your best to stick to it. If you're tired of the NS dinners, why not allow yourself to eat NS friendly dinners for a while? I can give you some ideas if you want. Have a great Thanksgiving Day!