Thursday, February 21, 2008

Sleet, Snow and Freezing Rain.....Oh My!!

February is just not wanting to let up on the winter weather. Today we're getting hit again with the crap. Right now we are in a winter storm advisory, but I think they'll probably be changing it to a winter storm warning here in a few. It is sleeting at the moment. Or is it freezing rain? I can never remember which one is which. Either way, it sucks. Schools are letting out early so kids can get home safely and several things have been cancelled for this evening. I don't know if school will be cancelled tomorrow or not. We'll just have to wait and see. If they do cancel, I hope they let us know tonight so that we, ok I, can sleep in tomorrow. Lazy, I know, but I try to catch my extra zzz's whenever and wherever I can.

Now, back to this stuff they call winter weather. I swear, if I could find that dang groundhog that said we were going to have six more weeks of winter, I would pop him in the nose. Just once, I would like spring to arrive early. Just once. I'm not asking for 80 degree weather in February, but a regular temp would be good. I think they said that the "normal" temperature here for this time of the year is 40-45 degrees, but today it is only 21! What the heck? That's not even close to normal! Is it global warming that is causing this wacky weather? Some would probably say yes. Some say no. I don't know what it is. I just know that I'm tired of it.

No comments: